It’s that time again! Calling for new youth reps to head up the CCNY NGO!
Do you have what it takes to represent City College at United Nations events?
Are you ready to serve the school and the world as a bridge in between?
Will you have the time to dedicate to attending events during the week and promptly reporting on important proceedings?
We want the best and the brightest to be the face of CCNY.
If that’s you, please read on and apply!
Open for Fall 2017. Available to active CCNY students only.
CCNY NGO focuses on becoming an active member of international civil society and on promoting the participation of its academic community in United Nations activities. The project is dedicated to educating future leaders in global affairs.
CCNY NGO offers an excellent opportunity for all students, regardless of their major, to combine academic training with real life experience in multilateral diplomacy.
We are looking for passionate and competent individuals to represent CCNY NGO at the UN. Successful candidates may design a credit-bearing independent study or internship through the International Studies Program or other academic departments at CCNY.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with the UN Youth Representative Program; contribute to the work of the Youth Sub-Committee for the Annual UN DPI/NGO Conference
- Participate in the weekly NGO Thursday briefings, including youth panels
- Organize and promote NGO youth events publicizing issues and campaigns on the UN agenda using both traditional and new media
- Represent CCNY NGO in meetings with other civil society groups, UN officials, Member States and other stakeholders
- Cover critical meetings of the UN Security Council, General Assembly, and other major organs
- Write weekly reports on assigned activities, Thursday briefings, and SC/GA meetings for the CCNY NGO website
- Contribute to CCNY NGO social media on a daily schedule
- If combining the position with an independent study or internship, work with faculty mentor per pre-agreed syllabus
- Independence: CCNY NGO representative must be a self-starter capable of working on his/her own and initiating projects with minimum supervision
- Competence: This position requires significant knowledge of the UN and its operations. Background in international relations strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills: The representative will be required to write weekly reports and other articles on special events. Good writing skills are a must!
- Diplomacy and professionalism: The position requires adherence to diplomatic protocol and understanding what it means to represent the entire college
To apply for the position of CCNY NGO UN/DPI Youth Representative, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to interact with us via blog, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you have any questions! Please make sure you have followed us on all these platforms before you apply!